sábado, 9 de maio de 2015

490 Taberna STB


Since the oppening that I wanted to visit this restaurant but never had the chance to do it, until now... And WOW... Amazing.

It is, probably, the best restaurant in Setúbal right now. The space itself is very small, but they have a lot of space outside (by the way must be perfect in the summer).

The Restaurant is located at Luisa Todi avenue (the main avenue of Setúbal). This city has a lot of restaurant, most of them dedicated to fish (since this city has a big fish culture... and has the best fish there are)... but it was missing a great restaurant with other dishes beside fish. There are many restaurant with this concept (tapas, small dishes... tavern style with snack) but none of them seems to care about quality... most of them is very traditional and old... And after my visit to 490 Taberna... I raised my hands to the sky... and said "Thanks God".

This restaurant serves mainly tapas/snacks but also have meat dishes and fish dishes... But I advice you to invest in the snacks and them share the main course... you will not regret it.

So before the order we start with the couvert... codfish with chickpeas and olive-oil (codfish salad - a very traditional Portuguese dish), homemade goat-butter (the first restaurant in Setúbal that I saw serving homemade butter, huge plus)... The only think that I would change would be the bread... they could serve different types of bread.


Scramble egg with asparagus 
To start we order 4 snack... scramble eggs with asparagus, scramble eggs with pudding and tomatoes, chicken wings with ginger sauce and finally stuffed mushrooms.
Scramble eggs with pudding and cherry tomatoes


From all the snacks my favorite was the eggs with pudding... Simple amazing! the eggs were perfectly cooked, well seasoning... spot on. The wing were my second favorite (make me remember my childhood... and the chick wings that my mother used to do).

Stuffed Portobello mushrooms
Chicken wing and ginger sauce
The eggs with asparagus was my least favorite... the eggs were a little bit dry when compared with the other ones and it was lacking a little bit of salt.

As main dishes... and as you told before we decided to share... Razor's rice and "Polvo à Lagareiro (Octopus). To be fair the rice was the second best that I tried so far! Not bad... since I like to eat this kind of food... second is not bad at all. The octopus... was very tender and delicious but the potatoes were missing something (probably seasoning). However I already tried a dish like this made by a famous chef that was much inferior to this one.
Razors Rice
Polvo à Lagareiro


The desserts were simple and perfect for this restaurant... well made, delicious and not pretentious... really really good. 







I will definitely came back! that are so much dishes that I want to try.     




The food:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/490-Taberna-STB/333762639997826

Address:
Avenida Luísa Todi 490
Setúbal


Eat Drink Live Enjoy...