domingo, 3 de maio de 2015

Restaurant "Flores do Bairro"


This restaurant was a completely strange to me until the event "Peixe em Lisboa"...and this is why I love so much this kind of events... we have the opportunity to meet new people and specially different places that we didn't know that they exist.

So! This restaurant is located in Chiado (Lisbon) and it is part of the Bairro Alto Hotel (a 5-start hotel). The restaurant is very cozy and small, in my opinion, it has the perfect size... but also has a big disadvantage! it doesn't have direct access to the street. Passing outside you don't even notice that there are a great restaurant there.


But lets talk about the food! when I knew about this restaurant I heard about this amazing Menu that they have called "Arrozes do Bairro", so my first idea was to order one of the dishes from this menu... but they only sell this at lunch during the week!

Plan B... Order from the regular menu! my second challenge: Choose something! everything sounds so good! specially the appetizers!

After a while I decided to go with the duck croquette with mango chutney (as starter), partridge pie with green salad.

The croquettes were amazing! really... crispy in the outside but very moist in the inside and the chutney goes very well with the duck... a really good surprise.


The main dish was good as well but Had a few flaws (in my opinion)... the reduction was too sweet and thick. On the other hand the puff pastry was excellent (crispy and thin) and the filling was delicious.


The dessert!! for me the lest surprising dish. I choose the chocolate cake with chocolate ice-cream and passion-fruit gummy. A classic flavor combination but the presentation was a little bit sloppy... I was expecting more! 



Overall great lunch... And I hope to visit it during the week at lunch time.


The food:
http://www.bairroaltohotel.com/en/restaurant-bairro-alto-lisbon

Address:
Praça Luís de Camões, 2
1200-243

Lat: 38.71027 Lon: -9.14333


Eat Drink Live Enjoy...