segunda-feira, 13 de abril de 2015

Peixe em Lisboa - 2015


This event is always really exciting... its all about the quality and the fish (mostly!!! they also have meat dishes).

"Peixe em Lisboa" takes place at Patéo da Galé (Terreiro do Paço), one of the most emblematic places of Lisbon, even from Portugal, and gathers all this amazing and talent chef (in one place!!!)... Perfect!

I can try all the spectacular dishes without leaving the place... 

Just a few names that will make you "jealous", if you haven't gone there yet... 

- Chef José Avillez (2 michelin star): Belcanto, Café Lisboa, Mini Bar, Cantinho do Avillez
- Chef Kiko Martins: A Cevicheria, O Talho
- Chef Milton Anes: Arola
- Chef Vitor Sobral e Chef Hugo Nascimento: Tasca da Esquina, Cervejaria da Esquina 
- Chef Justa Nobre: O Nobre, Nobre Estoril

But the list continues:
- Sushi Café
- Las Ficheras
- Pap'Açorda
- Ribamar
- Taberna Rua das Flores & Flores do Bairro

Obviously I try as much as I could...

I start with...



Tuna "Prego" by Chef Vitor Sobral and Chef Hugo Nascimento and what a great start... the tuna was really fresh, slightly rare (as I like it) and came with chips... but the sauce in the tuna was simple amazing. (See my previews post about this restaurant here)

Tuna "Prego"
By Chef José Avillez I start with the Algarve prawns (dish from Mini Bar restaurant), then Lobster bisque and finished with the Hazelnut 3... simple dishes brought to another level. For me the best one was the prawns and the dessert... the bisque was a little bit too intense! the rest... was perfect! I wish I had tried more dishes.

Lobster bisque and Algarve Praws
Hazelnut 3
To a more relax chef by Kiko Martins I tried the scallops salad and tapioca, the taco with veal tartar and sea-weeds and finally for dessert the 3 leches (Kiko way!). The salad was almost to big (but I said almost...) if you want to try several dishes, because it has a restaurant size... but I went to heaven went I ate the Taco... outstanding! I don't know but probably the best thing that they have. (See my previews post about this restaurant here )

Scallop salad
3 leches
Veal Taco with seaweed and fish eggs
But my big feast was at Arola by Penha Longa Resort headed by Chef Milton Anes (You can also see my preview post this restaurant here). This part will be more like a photo-gallery then anything else (I couldn't resist... all the dishes looked so good).
So we started with the smoked trout with a jelly of purple onion in raspberry vinegar and cauliflower puree.


Smoked trout

Sardine Puri with  sardine foam and spicy tomato... this dish is a "time-bomb"! Really... it explode when you put it in your mouth. The Puri (the outside cake) was filled with sardine foam and fish eggs , but it only result if you put everything in your mouth at once.


Sardine Puri

The following dishes... I tried it the the restaurant and I like it so much that I tried them again... and they were: "Batatas Bravas"; Yuzu scallops with fennel and caviar; Mussels and Chips. Once again delicious... I think they were even better then the last time, something I thought it would be impossible.  


"Batatas Bravas"
Mussels and Chips
Yuzu Scallops
Next... Two salads... but not the plain kind. The first one was the king crab salad with toasted bread from Alentejo (I wish I could eat this every single day)... the second one was an octopus salad with anchovies, crispy bread and olive-oil sphere... OH MY GOD! its the only thing that I have to say... fresh, light and really well executed.


Octopus and anchovies salad
King Crab salad
 And finally the desserts... Coconut Inverted Flan with white chocolate and passion-fruit; natural Yogurt in pannacotta, ice-cream and hazelnut; "Copa Catalana" (cookie cream, tangerine sorbet, orange foam and caramelized cinnamon)... In the first day I took at least a good 15 minutes to choose ( and the first pick was Coconut Inverted Flan... but I couldnt resist and in the second day I choose the other two. And thank good that I return...

Coconut inverted Flan
Natural Yogurt
Copa Catalana
  
All this dishes were paired the most amazing and perfect drinks:

- BSE and Piriquita Branco by José Maria da Fonseca (both white wines)
- Hendrick's By Gin Lovers


This event takes place until March 19th... So! Wait to see the update... Yes! I will return... There are so much to try.


The Event:
http://www.peixemlisboa.com/en/



Eat Drink Live Enjoy...