sexta-feira, 12 de junho de 2015

SushiCafe Avenida

Today was sushi day. This restaurant was on my list "Restaurants to go as soon ass possible" and after I tried a few delicacies at "Peixe em Lisboa" the need become even bigger.... and today was the day.



A lot of peoples say that this restaurant has the best sushi in Lisbon... in my opinion it depends the concept of Lisbon... if it is the city itself! Yes! I agreed... but if they are considering the Greater Lisbon (which include Cascais, Sintra and so on) I disagree but it is definitely in the Top 3. 



The place is real cool... modern, simplistic... fitted to the type of cuisine.




Regarding the sushi... the choice was pretty hard... I'm a big fan of sushi and all I wanted was to order every thing but I didn't of course... 



The choices were:
- "Bolsas Orientais" - an intriguing dish... where all the ingredients match with each other. The only downside was the excess of arugula.


- Salmon Tartar - this is one of those dishes that you have to learn to love... the salmon by itself was a little bit simple... but a "bite" with all the components... Perfect.


- Salmon belly - It can't be better than that... simple and well executed. Order ALWAYS.




- Sushi to Sashimi - 9 pieces of sashimi, 5 niguiris (5 different fishes) and 7 makis. A sushi combination pretty complete and once again perfectly executed.



- Hot Avenida - the star of the meal. I was always a little bit against the use of some products when making sushi like strawberries, Philadelphia cheese and things like that because normally the sushi becomes weird but this time they prove me wrong. This dish is amazing! blow my mind. And this is why SushiCafe is at my top 3.




To finish! the desserts... I tried the Irish coffee foam with macaron and ice-cream and I loved it (despite not having anything Japanese). The second one was an Ice-cream tempura! probably the biggest dessert that I ever ate... just massive! So you can imagine... I couldn't finish it. 





Overall... for the sushi lover this restaurant is mandatory.








The food:
https://www.facebook.com/SushiCafeAvenida
http://www.sushicafe.pt/en

Address:
Rua Barata Salgueiro, 28
Lisbon

Contact: +351 211 928 158 or +351 914 859 526







Eat Drink Live Enjoy...