quinta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2016

Rio Maravilha - LX Factory




One of the best surprises in a while...

Beside the breathtaking view the food was a really good surprise and surpassed, by far, my expectations!...  I wasn't surprised that way for a long time. I must be honest! I was aware that the restaurant itself was spectacular but I was waiting for the food to be average... so happy to be wrong.




Talking about what really matter! the FOOD... to start... the couvert!... the typical bread but matched with a pleasant surprise ... A mousse of ricotta and fried onions (starting with the right foot) ... since I was in a snack mood before luch ... the choices were chips and banana with sour cream , bacon and peppers; Crispy polenta and cheese; Comdogs of sausage with wild fruit; pork rillettes in crispy dough - Of the starters the best was clearly polenta and comdogs ... what I liked the least was the rillettes (too much fat).

Ships and dry banana
Comdogs

Pork rillettes
Since a person doesn't live only with starters ... the main dishes were creamy duck rice and Burger with bacon ... and of these the King was, without doubt, the duck rice (looking like a risotto but without being ...) just a word! BRUTAL. 

Duck rice
Burger

To finish big, couldn't miss the desserts:
- Chocolate Taco - was good! I loved the chocolate ganache ... but expected something more like a taco... something that I could effectively eat with my hands... but I liked the contrast of flavors and the little surprises hidden in the cacao powder.

- Red fruits Pavlova - Great and refreshing. pistachio ice cream contrasting with the red fruits and without forgetting the crunchy meringue (though I still prefer the traditional slice).

- Banana caramelized and Greek yogurt ice cream - for me the most consistent of all. The ice cream giving a great contrast to the banana ... all together give us a perfect balance.



That said I can only say! ... try it. 


Food:

Address:
Lx Factory, Rua Rodrigues Faria, 103, Entrada 3, Piso 4, 
Alcântara, Lisboa

Eat Drink Live Enjoy...