domingo, 11 de setembro de 2016

Pap'Açorda


Well, this restaurant started at Bairro Alto and build up his reputation there... but I never went there so I can't compare... I can only describe my experience at his new location (Mercado de Ribeira).



Apart from a few setbacks during the meal .... I must say it went quite well.

I start by saying that the space is great and "clean" ... just didn't like the background music that, besides being too high for a restaurant, it looked like a radio playlist.

Regarding the food ... there is not much to say! It was very very good ... with particular emphasis on the bread soup of prawns(all spot on! was indeed excellent). As starters we chose: tomato sauce for poached egg (Traditional Portuguese dish), tender dough pastries (for what seemed to me is one of the specialties of the house ... so didn't surprise why they were so good) and green beans tempura (disappointed a little ... I thought they were a little bit greasy).




For main courses: bread soup of gambas (and as I mentioned .... Perfect ... the best I've had in recent times), pork tenderloin with creamed corn bread (the tenderloin was tender and slightly pink inside, how should be, despite having found the seasoning a little bit strong and duck confit (it was normal, that is, not highlighted) .... but the highlight was the "migas" that are to crying for more ... there's nothing left).


















Finally ... dessert! did not try the famous chocolate mousse ... but the pudding tangerine ... that was also very good.



Address:
Avenida 24 de Julho (Mercado da Ribeira) 
Cais do Sodré, Lisboa

Eat Drink Live Enjoy...