domingo, 18 de setembro de 2016

Mesa do Bairro


The Restaurant Mesa do Bairro (Neighborhood Table -  the literal translation) 

I must say I was quite surprised, for better of course! The restaurant is very nice, to bad the heat which not allow us to eat on the terrace.








I want to point out that I found the service excellent... the people were very friendly and helpful.

Regarding the food.... and of course we started by some starters, just for snacking. We chose some beans with bacon and an octopus vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was excellent (the octopus was tender and the spices well balanced) relative to the beans, just thought the bacon was too fried but the rest was very good.



Main dishes: cod thousand sheets (well presented and very tasty). The other dish was "migas" of gambas (the second best I've ever eaten), the advantage of this was that were also accompanied with some fish.




Before moving on to desserts! I must mention that tasted one of the best "Sangrias" of Lisbon ... not to be missed.


For dessert... custard tart with berries ice cream (because they no longer had cinnamon). My opinion they should have said as soon as I chose the dessert that they had no cinnamon ice cream. I would chose it anyway, but would be an informed choice.


Taking small mishaps ... I loved it! if I have chance I will be back.



Address:
Rua Reis Gomes,
1000-259 Lisboa



Eat Drink Live Enjoy...