quinta-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2014

O Antigo Carteiro


































O Antigo Carteiro was an unexpected choice... and Why?


So I was exploring all this non-touristic street and after walking a lot (and I mean A LOT!!!!!!), the time passed so fast that when look to the clock it was time to lunch (and also my stomach was telling me that for awhile) and I stopped in front of this restaurant (an old building but with a really modern sign...) but I didn't pay to much attention until this guy tell us that the restaurant is very good (by the way... the guy works at the restaurant, but we didn't know at the time).

We decided to try it... GOOD CHOICE!

The food was very tasteful.





Their dishes are based on Soul and traditional Portuguese food with a little bit of modernness.




Beside the couvert... the chef offered us a complementary starter... Clams ("Amêijoa à Bolhão Pato") - A very traditional way to serve clams! but the best of all was the sauce ( to die for... even better with the bread =P)






Beside the clams we asked for the Portobello mushroom with pudding... Simple restaurant serving food from heaven!



For the main dish... Leg of lamb with rice and spring greens. Regarding this dish... the lamb was really well cooked but it came a lit bit cold, and for a moment I thought this could ruin the meal but I was wrong because with the lamb came this perfect sauce, made with the juices from the meat and all the spices and herd that were used to cook it! Making all the different.


The dessert... at this point I was already full! But a meal is not a meal without dessert, so we choose Chocolate mousse and Apple Crumble with ice-cream (the apple was cooked in port wine). Once more very delicious!




I don't regret at all of choosing this restaurant... And I hope to return. 
   


The food:
https://www.facebook.com/oantigocarteiro?fref=ts

Address:
Rua Senhor da Boa Morte, 55
Porto




Eat Drink Live Enjoy...