quinta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2015

Culto


New restaurant next to the Castle... where tradition  meet the innovation.

Culto is the most recent restaurant of Palmela.

Palmela is a small village famous for the Castle the gastronomy (traditional pastry and amazing local products like the wine or olive oil).

So in the other day, me and a few friends were looking for a restaurant for us to do a little reunion and one of them suggested this restaurant... And why not?

When we arrive there the restaurant was empty... and I think to my self! "maybe it wasn't the best choice" but we stay of course... in fact! I kinda like it... it not every day that you have a restaurant for yourself even just for couple of hours... Later I realize that people are using this place more like a Cafe/bar than a restaurant... and its their loss because food is really good.

Since I start talking about the food...



The restaurant has a small menu... two salads, two fish dishes and two meat dishes... its true you don't have a lot to choose from... but I think that for a new restaurant who just started its enough... you have to think smartly... test the concept and see if it works... And I understand their strategy "bet on quality not on quantity".



We try different dishes (we didn't try all of them because some of us choose the same dishes)... so we Choose:

Stuffed eggplant with vegetables and goat cheese... very well seasoning, very light and healthy... very tasty.



Grilled salmon with potatoes, vegetables and orange and lemon sauce. The salmon was very well cooked and the orange and lemon sauce give it that awesome flavor... that any fish should have.


Codfish and fowl pear in moscatel... its not the most good looking dish but for me the best of all. Ode combination between the codfish and the pear... I was not expected something like that in this restaurant... something this creative, inventive and delicious.


You can notice the quality of the products.

For dessert we choose homemade chocolate mousse and the red fruits cheesecake... the mouse was good, but nothing when compared with the cheesecake... And I have to say one of the best that I ate... rich, intense and the perfect end.






The only thing that I didn't like was the pink/purple light... but it was just me! everyone else liked it. 

I think this place has a lot of potential and space to grow... we have to way and see.


The food


Adress:
Av. dos Cavaleiros de Santiago e Espada nº 4
Palmela



Eat Drink Live Enjoy...