sábado, 31 de janeiro de 2015

Mayura

Trying new new things makes life much more interesting... So it was time to try Indian food.

I didn't try it earlier because my relationship with spicy food its not the best. 

If you gonna try something new... make sure you choose a great place! so I did my research and I found great reviews to Mayura.

This Restaurant is located in Cascais, One of the most emblematic places of Portugal.

The restaurant has the classic look of indian restaurant... the decoration... and vibe! everything.

The best way to get the real feeling of the culture and food is to order several dish... all different! So we order 6 dishes...


All the dishes were amazing despite the spices and the heat...  

We start with Chicken Pakora... deep fried chicken covered in grain flour and served with three types of sauce... pepper, yogurt with mint and mango-sauce. 



The main courses were (order by level of heat):

Chicken Tikka Masala... the less spicy! simply delicious... nicely balanced. The chicken was very tender and not dry.



Prawns Madras, beside the heat, the prawns were a little bit mushy but the flavor was incredible! the fragrance... Was everything that I imagine India would be like.


  
Finally the Lamb Tawa... this dish is spicy as hell... and the funny part was that I initially choose another one and the waiter told me: "Do you like spicy food? - I'm not the biggest fan but I wanna try it. - This dish is very spicy...Instead, I suggest this one (Lamb Tawa)! - Ok "... So imagine my face (and mouth!!!! specially my mouth!!!) when I try this!!!... to be fair, after the first impact... I could enjoy the dish... and the meat was tender and well cooked.



Be prepared! you need to order the garnish aside... and thankfully we did it! mushroom rice and Peshawari Naan (indian bread with coconut and raises)... The rice was delicious but the Peshawari Naan... OMG... So f****** delicious!




The food:https://www.facebook.com/mayuracascais

Address:
Rua Freitas Reis, 15B,

2750 Cascais


Eat Drink Live Enjoy...